Having some questions about the United States Golf Association?
Here are some common Q&As for you.
How do I become a member of USGA?
If you want to become a member, you can contact the USGA hotline for member customer service below:
They work Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET.
How do I renew my USGA membership?
If you want to renew your membership, you can do that online via the official site https://www.usga.org/
If you have other questions regarding your membership, you can call 800-223-0041 or email [email protected] for further assistance.
How do I get an official USGA handicap?
This should be done by registering your golf club to qualify for the USGA handicap.
After that, you will pay handicap and local dues.
When you complete your rounds, you should input your scorecards to the club’s computers.
A complete scorecard is required for your future entries.
How many USGA members are there?
The USGA is currently having around 700,000 members.
What is the difference between USGA and PGA?
They’re two golf-related entities.
But the PGA of America or Professional Golfers’ Association of America is an organization of golf professionals in the US.
Whereas the USGA is the governing body of golf in the USA and Mexico as well.
The USGA’s job is to govern golf rules and the standards of related equipment, as well as maintain the National Handicap and Course Rating System.
Who has won the most USGA championships?
For men’s championship, it’s Robert T. Jones Jr. who won the most trophies.
What is the difference between GHIN and USGA handicap?
GHIN is a different handicap system used by some regional golf associations.
USHandicap clubs are licensed directly by the USGA and use the GolfNet handicap network.
GolfNet and GHIN are not the same handicap service, but both are USGA compliant.
Have other questions?
I highly recommend you contact the USGA via their website here: https://www.usga.org/
Other Golf Guides & Reviews:
Golf club & accessories buying guides:
- Beginners’ golf drivers
- Seniors’ golf irons
- Beginners’ golf putters
- Senior’s golf drivers
- Game improvement irons
- Intermediate players’ golf clubs
- Golf bags for pushcarts
- Golf drivers for a slice
- Golf balls for average golfers
- Fairway woods
- Best golf club sets for the money
Golf club & gear reviews:
Golf tips & tricks:
- Cross handed putting tutorial
- Tips for hitting crisp irons
- How to know which golf club to use
- What wedge to use around the green
- How to practice chipping in golf
- Curing a slice in your golf swing is not that hard
- How to get backspin on the golf ball
- How to properly swing a golf club
- How do I become a member of USGA?
- How do I renew my USGA membership?
- How do I get an official USGA handicap?
- How many USGA members are there?
- What is the difference between USGA and PGA?
- Who has won the most USGA championships?
- What is the difference between GHIN and USGA handicap?
- Have other questions?
- Other Golf Guides & Reviews: